Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
ION Mobility is looking for a seasoned Mechanical Design Engineer with a passion for sustainable mobility, technology and delivering great products to join our expanding team. We are looking for an experienced professional in electric motorbikes with excellent engineering aptitude and strong technical communication skills. This person should be experienced in motorbike dynamics and integration and can work on various aspects of the motorbike vehicular design, and must be able to bring the product from concept to prototype and into production.
- Modeling and design of mechanical components and assemblies parts manufactured from plastics, sheet metal, casted metal etc.
- Establishing a test set-up for EMI and EMC measurement
- Mechanical design analysis including structural, thermal, CFD, design for testing, manufacturing and assembly
- Create drawing packages and manufacturing instructions for parts and assemblies
- Organize engineering prototype builds and component fabrication
- Collaborate with other cross functional teams to take designs from prototype to mass production
- Minimum of 5 - 10 years experience in electric motorcycle or equivalent engineering roles
- Professional design experience in bringing vehicles to production
- Deep understanding of motorcycle dynamics and overall integration dependencies
- Expert in CAD design suites such as NX, Catia, Solidworks etc.
- Experience in the development of products from concept through production
- Experience in design for manufacturability for complex assemblies
- An independent thinker who can approach and solve problems analytically
- Hands-on engineer comfortable in a dynamic startup environment
Don’t see a suitable position?
We are always on the lookout for driven, talented individuals to join our team. If you don't see a position that suits your experience, you can still send us your resume at email@example.com