Motor Design and Systems (Internship)
ION Mobility is looking for an undergrad or post-grad intern with a passion for sustainable mobility, technology and a strong background in mechatronics or physics to join our expanding team. This is a unique opportunity to work in a cross-functional role with senior mechanical engineers and senior systems engineers in ION Mobility.
- Acquire know-how in the specific area of motor design for electric two-wheelers
- Assist senior engineers in accomplishing their motor design goals and design trade-offs
- Collaborate in a cross-functional manner with colleagues located in 3 different cities in 3 different countries (Singapore, Shenzhen and Jakarta)
- Work with ION Mobility\'s motor research partners and continuously evaluate motor performance for existing electric motors and new experimental designs
- Exhibit strong communication and written skills and summarize key findings and trade-off decisions to ION Mobility CTO on a daily basis
- Strong fundamentals in physics at undergraduate level; or demonstrate ability to do so rapidly
- Acquire deep understanding of motorcycle dynamics and overall integration dependencies
- Learn and use CAD design suites such as NX, Catia, Solidworks etc.
- Learn and use Matlab/Simulink as a tool to prototype motor control algorithms.
- A strong communicator and thinker who can evaluate problems analytically
- Hands-on engineer comfortable in a dynamic startup environment
Don’t see a suitable position?
We are always on the lookout for driven, talented individuals to join our team. If you don't see a position that suits your experience, you can still send us your resume at email@example.com