Electric Motor Control Engineer / Power Electronics Engineer
ION Mobility is a fast growing electric motorcycle startup.
The proliferation of electrified vehicles and stringent efficiency and emission norms lead to the development of Permanent magnet brushless DC motors or SRM motors for various accessory and thermal system applications. The use of power electronics to control the motor poses the challenges related to noise and vibration, EMI and EMC.
We are currently expanding the team and looking for a dynamic, self-motivated, passionate power electronics expert, who has both the desire, capability and work with our vehicle engineering and systems teams to push the boundaries of what is possible with an electric motorcycle.
- Development of power and controls electronic circuits for defined electric motor system
- Establishing a test set-up for EMI and EMC measurement
- Analyzing the existing EMI and EMC and identify the opportunities to improve it
- Development and testing of control algorithms for the PM BLDC motors to achieve improved system performance
- Maintain awareness of and influence research and development in key component technologies that influence future inverter / motor designs and motor control
- Propose cost-effective solutions for our vehicle build
- Participate in a team comprising electromagnetic and mechanical experts to identify the motor/system performance and improvement potential.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Contribute to the preparation of technical publications/presentations/technical marketing documents for conferences/seminars, journals and/or company website
- Masters or PhD in Electrical Engineering with at least 5 years of work experience on motor control.
- Strong fundamentals of PMBL DC motors and drive systems analysis, modeling and control
- In-depth understanding of torque control techniques such as Flux oriented control and direct torque control
- Familiarity with sensorless motor control algorithms and low speed control techniques
- Understanding of linear systems analysis, stability, and controller design
- Sound knowledge on Automotive EMI and EMC standards
- Experience in testing motor and electronics for EMI and EMC
- Experience with various PWM schemes such as space vector, discontinuous, and sinusoidal modulation, including data-acquisition methods
- Attentive to customer’s needs, proactive and persuasive
- Good communication skills, project management acumen, people and resource management expertise and cross-functional synergy
- A team player able to work and contribute to the highly motivated and high performing team.
- Experience on model development and data analysis in Matlab/Simulink
- Demonstrates interest in learning new skills
Don’t see a suitable position?
We are always on the lookout for driven, talented individuals to join our team. If you don't see a position that suits your experience, you can still send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org