Bodyworks Design Engineer
ION Mobility is looking for a seasoned Bodyworks Design Engineer (Vehicle Engineering) with a passion for sustainable mobility, technology and delivering great products to join our expanding team. We are looking for an experienced professional with an industrial track record in designing bodyworks for electric motorbikes. He or she needs to come with excellent engineering aptitude and strong technical communication skills. This person should be experienced in motorbike or automotive-grade bodyworks and vehicle integration and can work on various aspects of the motorbike vehicular design, and must be able to bring the product from concept to prototype and into production.
- Work with styling for class A surface review and finalization of master sections per PE (product engineering) requirements.
- Generate concepts ( concept trade off) for different mounting strategies, split lines for body works.
- Conduct DFM, DFA and Risk assessment: Design and develop & release responsibility of all plastic covers and cowls for scooter projects
- Responsible to resolve the development issues to meet all the agreed projects targets concerning product, timing, quality and cost beginning from the pre-development phase up to SOP.
- Responsible for timely release of design as per project schedule, review the CAD models and drawings , verify packaging , prepare BOM for every drawing release.
- Prepare instructions for making 3D models, drawings and manage the timely / error free delivery for reviews by Design team or Production team
- Develop CTQ targets.
- Prepare the test plan, define the acceptance criteria. analyze and evaluate test report.
- Issue resolution for the failures reported during development of the parts, interaction with plant and quality team.
- Expertise on plastic product design.
- Knowledge of tool design and manufacturing.
- Able to review Mold flow analysis and plastic CAE results and incorporate improvements in part designs.
- Knowledge on durability and safety requirement of automotive plastic parts.
- Knowledge on plastic material selection.
- Work experience with tier-1 industry players (preferred)
- High proficiency in NX (Preferred)
- DFMEA approach to product development (preferred)
- Familiarity GD&T and dimensional engineering (preferred)
- DFSS trained (preferred)
Don’t see a suitable position?
We are always on the lookout for driven, talented individuals to join our team. If you don't see a position that suits your experience, you can still send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org